Having a full-time job is very stressful. The drain of “adulting” all day can be a bit much at times. Finding a way let loose and forget about your problems is vital when trying to avoid having too much stress in your life. Who doesn’t love happy hour? Getting a few adult beverages and hanging out with friends or co-workers is a great way to let the issues of your day melt away. Here are some of the best happy hours around you.
Going All Out in Alexandria, VA
If you are looking for a place to let loose in Alexandria, VA, then be sure to stop by The Alley Cat. They have happy hour from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday-Friday and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the weekend. This establishment has great drink specials and a DJ spinning the hits of today and yesterday.
Have a Ball in Burke, VA
The Hopsfrog Grille is a fantastic place to get your happy hour started. Their happy hour lasts from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday. Not only do they have great drinks, but they have some of the best food in the area as well.
Call Your Friends to Join You in Centreville, VA
Alto Plaza Restaurant is a wonderful place to go have a few drinks any day of the week. From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Friday, you can enjoy their happy hour specials. They offer specials like half priced appetizers and $2.50 draft beer during their happy hour.
Get the Party Started in Clifton, VA
The Main Street Pub has great food and some of the best mixed drinks in the area. Visiting this establishment with friends will allow you to get the party started without having to spend too much money in the process.
Having Some Drinks in Herndon, VA
Jimmy’s Old Time Tavern is one of the best places to enjoy happy hour in Herndon, VA. They have happy hour Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. You will be able to get $2.50 domestic beers and $3.25 during their happy hour.
Let the Good Times Roll in Reston, VA
Clyde’s of Reston has some of the best happy hour deals you will find. From 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, you can enjoy happy hour at Clyde’s. They have deals like $2.50 house wines and drafts.
Sipping Suds in Springfield, VA
Looking for a great happy hour in Springfield, VA? Then Houlihan’s is a great option. From 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday, you can enjoy $5 signature martinis, as well as $2.50 short draft beers.
Great Drinks in Gaithersburg, MD
The Dogfish Head Alehouse in Gaithersburg, MD has some great happy hour specials. Happy hour is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday and features specials like $1 off of appetizers and pizzas and $1 off of all draft beers.
Painting the Town Red in Germantown, MD
The Copper Canyon Grill has happy hour from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Friday. They offer specials like $2 appetizers and $1 off of all of their drinks.
Rocking Out in Rockville, MD
Letting loose in Rockville, MD is easy when taking advantage of the happy hour at Gordon Biersch. From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday you can enjoy $5 appetizers, $1 off of beers and $2 off of wine glasses.
If you spill something on your shirt during your happy hour adventure, don’t worry because the professionals at Crest Cleaners can get it clean for you.
The election season is in full swing and one thing you can’t deny is just how entertaining this year in politics has been. There are a countless number of men and women all over the country who take their fashion cues from the presidential candidates of the day. Both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have a very unique style that has captivated the country. Below are a few things to consider when trying to make your style more presidential.
Taking a look at The Donald
While you probably want to avoid taking hair styles cues from Donald Trump, you can learn a thing or two about how to dress from this real estate mogul. There are a few key things that define Donald Trump’s sense of style and they are as follows:
- Tailored Suits- The first thing that you will notice when taking a look at the way Donald Trump dresses is the immaculate suits he wears. Most of the suits that The Donald puts on are tailor made. There is never a speck of dirt or dust on the suite, which helps to enhance the appeal they have.
- Colorful Ties- Having a great looking and colorful tie is a great way to add a bit of pizazz to a suit. Most of the ties that you see Donald Trump wear are from his own personal collection. The ties are usually colorful, but not too overwhelming for the eyes.
- Matching Handkerchiefs- Keeping a continuity in regards to the accessories you put with a suit is important. If you will notice, Donald Trump always has a handkerchief to match the tie that he is wearing. If you wear a tie with a colorful design, you may want to pick out one dominant color to match your handkerchief with.
Hillary Clinton: A Beacon for Women’s Fashion
Since the Clintons burst on the scene in the early 90’s, Hillary Clinton has been among the most fashionable people in all of politics. Her look seems to transcend fashion trends. Here are some of the things that define the Hillary Clinton look.
- Stylish Pantsuits- A trademark of the Hillary Clinton look is the pantsuit. Hillary was one of the first public figures to prominently feature the pantsuit in her wardrobe. Most of the pantsuits that she wears are solid colored and understated.
- The Accessories- In order to offset the understated pant suits that she wears, Hillary Clinton usually wears a variety of eye catching accessories. Whether it is gold earrings or a beautiful necklace, Mrs. Clinton is known for the jewelry she wears on the campaign trail.
- Comfortable Shoes- Another trademark of the Clinton look are comfortable flat shoes. Very rarely will you see Hillary Clinton wear high heels while campaigning. While the shoes she wears are comfortable, they are usually adorned with flashy designs that match her outfits perfectly.
Regardless of what type of presidential style you are going for, you need to make sure that the clothes you wear are clean. The team at Crest Cleaners will be able to help you keep your clothes looking their best.
Each job has a particular style, whether we like to admit it or not. Some industries are more creative, others more formal, and others require uniforms. Consultants are able to wear a wide variety of clothes, but there are still some tricks to dressing for the job.
- Break Down Barriers – It is easy to get caught up in what is comfortable for you, but in reality, focusing on what is comfortable for your client is key. If you dress in a casual polo and dark pants to consult a top million dollar company, you will sense the barriers with your client. Break down the barriers. If you are working with ad agencies, tech giants, funky fashion houses and more traditional investment banks and blue chips you must expand the diversity in your wardrobe. Show them that you are connected to them in some way. In short, show your clients the respect they show you by using your service, and whistle to their tune.
- Dress “One Better” – This tactic is sort of like playing a guessing game. Think about the company you are visiting and dress “one better.” This will even the playing field because the company you are visiting has the superior position or the “home field advantage.” It is important to show that you are in a position of authority. If you are visiting a primarily casual company, wear a casual suit, or dress pants and a button up. If you are visiting a law firm make sure your attire is the best you have to match their level of wardrobe.
- Stay Approachable – The tactics listed above are great, but it is easy to seem snooty or put off that you find yourself better or more valuable than your client. Remember to always stay approachable. This may come down to a friendly color of tie – pastels are usually a great fit. For women, this can be achieved by having subtle makeup and bright accessories.
- Show Your Worth – Always keep in mind that your wardrobe is the first thing a client has to “judge your worth.” Take a spin in the mirror and when you first turn around try and imagine what you would think of this person if you did not know them. It is important, at first glance, that your client believes they are getting their money’s worth.
- Ensure Comfort – This goes back to the long day at a retail store trying on countless pants, shirts, and shoes. If you are not able to sit, walk, or move comfortably in an item of clothing do not get it. This uncomfortable feeling will radiate from you.
Make sure that your professional clothing is treated to have the longest life possible. Crest Advanced Dry Cleaning has same day dry cleaning and uses safe silicone solvent to ensure speedy service that is safe for your clothes.
Business women need to worry about their suits, too! However, in the summertime, women are expected to dress it up a little more and add pops of color and sparkle. Last month we talked all about men’s fashion, now it’s time for the ladies:
Navy: Show of your confidence with this bold and definite color. Accent with the traditional pearl necklace or show off your summer style with some yellow earrings.
Charcoal: This color is safe and muted to allow you to show off your true self without the help of clothing. Keep it sleek with white pumps.
Black: As a woman, we all feel comfortable in our forgiving black clothing. Add your favorite color (hot pink, bright yellow, lime green or baby blue) to truly own your black suit this summer.
Sleeves: Although it is summer, it never hurts to stick with the practical sleeve.
Short-Sleeved: Find your favorite short-sleeved silk shirt and put it on under the jacket. This way, later when you are having lunch at your favorite outdoor patio spot you can ditch the jacket and look professional and like a ray of summer sun.
Long story short, prints can be fun to play with but the safest way to go is with a solid color that flatters your skin tone. Should you decide to go with a print we highly recommend sticking to something classic like plaid, stripes or polka dots and save that fun pink flamingo print for your next backyard bbq.
Skirt or Pantsuit
As long as it is sunny and 70 degrees out, wear the skirt suit! Feel comfortable and as girly as you can in the office.
Accessories may be the one thing that turns your normal suit into the ultimate summer get up!
Purse/Bag: Maybe ditch the larger bag and consolidate your items to a cute clutch for your summer days and nights. This will save time when getting off work and heading to the lakeside for a refreshing drink.
Earrings: As mentioned before, use this as an opportunity to pop some bright summer color into your wardrobe without being too overwhelming and unprofessional.
Whatever you decide to wear, remember to enjoy the summer days with lunch on the patio at your favorite spot and drinks at the lake on your Friday after a long week!
As a manager or office administrator you realize the value in a full eight hour work day and the harm leaving 20 minutes early can have on overall productivity in the workplace. All reasons seem valid; pay rent, pick up kids from school/sports, pick up dry cleaning, getting a car serviced, doctor appointment, hair appointment, etc. But what if you could eliminate one by promoting dry cleaning delivery to the office? With Crest Advanced Dry Cleaners we offer a Crest At Work Program that offers a deliver service to employees of an organization at the employee’s cost.
How to Persuade Your Employees Dry Cleaning Delivery to the Office is Worthwhile:
- One less item checked off your “To-Do-List” – Your personal and work schedules are hectic enough. Why not put a bit of the organizing and arranging into someone else’s hands? This service would ask of you to bring your clothes to the office and leave it in the hands of your office administrator/coordinator/manager whom then would take care of the rest. The best part? You will have clean clothes delivered to you at the convenience of your workplace. No hassle trying to rush through traffic to make it to the laundromat before it closes.
- No Stress – Your manager or office administrator/coordinator will be in charge of scheduling the service and reminding employees to bring in their dry cleaning. No more losing a personal calendar notification, instead it will be an organized reminder through your business.
- It’s a Benefit, Why Not Use It? – Sure, you could still drive to the dry cleaner on Tuesday before work – rushing through traffic to make it by nine – and then come to work early on Wednesday to be able to leave early to pick up your dry cleaning through rush hour traffic. But why? The convenience is given to you, take it!
Once employees are convinced of the convenience of dry cleaning deliver to the office, try implementing other ways to save staff time: plan your day before you start, do your hardest task first, create timelines (even if they are not true), and remember to take your 15 minute breaks to freshen the mind.
Many woman today try to maintain a regimen that involves staying physically and emotionally fit, managing work life, managing kids’ busy school and sports schedules, attending special events, and making sure the house stays functioning. It is no question if you fall within this organization of individuals that you struggle to maximize your time. The key to this is ensuring that you focus on your time, not your work time or your children’s time, but specifically your individual and limited time for yourself. After some searching we have found a few influential tips from women in the same boat on best practices for maximizing one’s time.
One can easily follow a step-by-step guide on how to manage their time better, but this will do no good until you are able to view time as something you own rather than something that owns you. No matter how busy your life may seem, it is important to remember that you are in control. Designer and entrepreneur, Lauren Conrad, stresses the importance of making time for yourself. This involves setting measurable goals, and keeping a to-do list by your bed to maintain the most efficient and happy you.
After feeling in control of your time and maximizing the easiest way to manage it, then you can find ways to tend to yourself. Creating routines that are self fulfilling may be the best way to ensure that you actually take the time to do this. Designate time right before bed to look after your health and beauty. This can include a relaxing bath with candles and your favorite book to wind down accompanied with a face mask and moisturizing cycle. Do not worry if your day gets a bit crazy and you see this designated time for yourself shrinking. Always make sure, at the very least, to wash your face thoroughly before bed to end the day right. This small treat will send you off to bed well.
The last, and maybe most important tip, is to give into what makes you happy. Maybe this is going to Starbucks every morning for a latte instead of drinking your own homemade brew. This could also be cutting your workout 5 minutes short to go enjoy some time in the sauna. Whatever it may be, actress and mother, Blake Lively, swears to starting and ending her day with the same treat: chocolate. She states that it is good for her morale and is the extra step she takes to love and live her life to the fullest.
No matter how organized and self loving you may be, it can still feel as if you are being pulled in a million different directions. Waking everyone up, getting breakfast on the table, getting yourself ready, dropping everyone off at school and work, getting through your own work day, going to the gym, picking up everyone from school and work, getting supper ready, tidying the house, and making time for yourself before bed is a lot to deal with. Why make it harder by adding your weekly dry cleaner trip to the mix? Sign up for our home delivery program and Crest Advanced Dry Cleaners will be in your neighborhood at your convenience on Mondays and Thursdays or Tuesdays and Fridays between 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. We want your to make the most of your time by letting us take one more item off your to-do list.
When you’re running around all day, walking through your front door should be a sigh of relief. However, it can just add more stress to your day when you come home to another list of chores. At Crest Cleaners, we want to make sure your dry cleaning is waiting for you at home, checking one more thing off your list.
On a beautiful weekend it is easy to get caught up in the hustle-bustle of tending the lawn, washing the cars and managing the slip and slide for the kids. Every time you find yourself running inside quickly to get a towel, sunscreen, soap or bandages you add to your pile of laundry. Then you throw in all the Virginia and Maryland summer events into the mix…and your family calendar is officially full. With your busy weekend activities and upcoming work week it is impossible to find the time to tend to the build up. Here, at Crest, we know the longer stains and sweat sit and soak into your clothes the more difficult they are to remove. We are happy to take the time to give your garments the attention it takes to refresh and revive their colors, smell, and feel without effecting your valuable relaxing time with friends and family.
This is the exact reason why we offer doorside pickup and delivery dry cleaning service between the hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Choose which days work best for your busy calendar; Monday & Thursday or Tuesday & Friday and we pick them up and then promptly deliver them back to you clean, pressed and ready to wear clothing the next scheduled delivery day. We can assure that you will have a remarkably pristine wardrobe without having to spend your valuable time scheduling driving to and from the dry cleaners.
At Crest, we believe your time is priceless!
Summer is the time for entertaining. You’ve worked hard on designing your patio, now make sure that it is spotless for your guests. Here are some of the ways you can tidy up your patio space for the ultimate summer gathering:
Wood Furniture – Wood furniture is lovely to look at and creates a homey/rustic feel. Unfortunately, after hours of scrubbing on your hands and knees it seems the stains and wear and tear are still left. With just 2 tbsp. of powdered oxygen bleach and one gallon of water to scrub on the wood using a brush. Make sure to scrub only in the direction of the wood grain – especially when working on soft woods. Allow the wood to dry completely in the sun before using the furniture. If the wood seems rough you can use a medium-grit sandpaper either by hand or a palm sander. Again, make sure you sand in the direction of the grain. After sanding you will need to seal your furniture – using either resin-based pigmented sealer (to maintain the original wood color) or a clear sealer (to obtain a rustic grey faded color).
Patio Cushions – *Most patio fabrics have been treated with special coating to protect from UV rays and water – please check tags before using any techniques listed below.* If cleaning instructions are not listed you can usually get by using a solution of 1 tsp. Mild dish soap, 1 tsp Borax and 1 quart of warm water. You can then put the solution in a spray bottle and saturate both sides of the cushions making sure to get into all crevices. Let the solution sit for some time but not dry completely. Take the cushions to the yard and spray them down with a garden hose and allow to air dry before use.
Grill – The BBQ cannot happen without a good cleaning first! Here is a list of materials to use to get the grease and grit off before you put the chicken on the grill:
- Stiff-bristle Wire Brush
- Scour Pad (scratch pad)
- PROXI dish soap concentrate
- PROXI multi-purpose disinfectant cleaner
- Baking Soda
- Microfiber Cloth
- Spray Bottle of Water
Heat the grill up by closing the lid and turning the gas on for about 5 min. This will soften the build-up. Use the wire brush and scrape away as much as possible. Wait for the grill to cool down and move on to soaking your grates and flame guards in a sink full of PROXI dish soap, using the hottest water possible. Scrub the grates as they soak using the metal brush and scour pad. When it comes to the grease build up, make a paste with baking soda, water and a small amount of PROXI dish soap. Rub this on the inside of the grill lid and allow it to dry and then wipe it clean. Happy Grilling!
If you have no luck with your cushions or outdoor patio pillows and blankets make sure to Contact Us for the ultimate cleaning! Enjoy your summer days on the patio as much as possible.
Men’s fashion has expanded in the past couple years to allow men to explore different styles, cuts and colors in their formalwear. Men have the opportunity to put more of their personality into their suits. Take a look at what your preferred formalwear says about you!
The Primary Suit Colors and Accents:
Blue: Darker shades of blue, especially navy, convey a person who is in control. Blue produces feeling of calmness, stability, trust, truth, confidence and security.
Grey: This color is not distracting which allows people you interact with to be more focused on what you have to say. Grey symbolizes sophistication.
Black: Black is stark, commanding and represents authority. If you are looking to feel above all and on top of the party, black is the way to go.
Red: This is all about power. Red is thought alongside energy, passion, desire and power. To show you have intense passion for something, wear red.
White: The color white sends the message of simplicity, cleanliness, precision and goodness. White is a safe option for a day to day option.
Studying Suit Styles:
The Precious Metal: If you are wanting to feel like James Bond, then the precious metal style is the way to go. Super-luxurious fabric, white-gold stitching and the rarest fibers in the world should ensure you feel like the only man in the room.
The Godfather: Ermenegildo Zegna’s suit brand has built a global reputation as one of the most innovative menswear companies around the world. With heat and cold resistant suiting, stain-resistant materials and crease-repelling fabrics, this suit is able to withstand the true man’s man.
The Sexiest Suit Alive: This suit defines modern day gentleman’s attire. If the goal is to feel captivating, provocative, stylish and intelligent at the same time, Tom Ford nailed it with the sexiest suit alive.
The Cool Italian: With impeccable cuts and three-dimensional structures, these elements give the garments purposeful movement. Honestly, nothing screams cool like this style.
The Romantic Suit: The Romantic style is supportive yet lightweight and radiates function and beauty as well as the importance of a garment feeling like your second skin.
It’s not a science, but it is a practice to harness the right suite for you!
The ways which dry cleaning delivery can make your life easier are innumerable. Just think of all the things you would rather be doing than driving to your dry cleaner to drop off and pick up your clothing. Here are just a few ways our home delivery service helps you:
- Gas Saver
Thinking of ways you can reduce the miles you drive every day is important in saving you money and time, as well as reducing your carbon footprint. When you are thinking of the list of things you need to get done, driving to the dry cleaner and then having to schedule a completely separate time to pick up your dry cleaning is quite intrusive to your daily life. Do you even need to take this trip at all? If the service is free of charge, you are saving gas and helping reduce your carbon footprint because we are already out and about!
- Time Saver
Getting back to how you can save time, taking advantage of a dry cleaning delivery service could be just that! No one has enough time in the day to do all the things they have set out to do. On a busy day it is important to wake up early, get a good workout in, and then visualize your day to best plan for success. If you are wanting to save time in your day and in your planning process, cutting out that trip to the dry cleaners is key.
- Sanity Saver
It is no doubt that saving gas, time and money will keep one sane. The most important aspect to our services is to relieve stress from your life. By reducing stressful aspects your life you are able to maintain/improve your health, improve your mood, boost immune function and allow you to be more productive. Choose a service to relieve some stress in that part of your life and be able to focus that new productive mentality towards more important things in your life like; family, friends, and self nourishment.
Delegating the stress and time to us so you can focus it on important attributes in your life is what our dry cleaning service can do for you.